Mentoring and Coaching Panel
Centre for Strategy and Governance members provide mentoring and coaching services to individuals, management teams, boards and organisations
Our senior and experienced consultants bring a wealth of personal experience to these roles having all been top level executives and /or board members themselves and many of them having additionally undertaken further education and accreditation in mentoring and coaching.
Our panel members have experience in both the public and private sectors, as well as government business enterprises and not for profit organisations
The services Panel Members currently provide include:
- mentoring and coaching of current chief executives of both government and non-government organisations across both profit and non-profit organisations.
- advice to Boards of Directors or to individual chairs or members of company or government Boards on governance, good board practice and conflict resolution.
- mentoring and coaching services to senior and middle management personnel, who may be in transition to a more senior role or seeking a sounding board from outside the organisation in which they work
Panel members work individually, in strict confidence, with mentoring and/or coaching clients, employers and organisations to determine their requirements, objectives and expectations and to develop an agreed approach.
We work on one-off assignments or by developing a continuing relationship with clients, depending on their preferences and ongoing evaluation of the mentoring or coaching program.
Senior and Experienced Consultants
Not-for-profit (NFP) organisations vary markedly in size and scope. Some are large national professional bodies; at the other end of the spectrum are very small local community bodies. All may face the particular challenges of their sector relating to governance requirements, board dynamics, stakeholder management and policy formulation.
The Centre for Strategy and Governance provides strategic advice to NFP organisations by providing senior consultants experienced in the field to:
- advise and assist Boards and/or senior CEOs with governance and risk frameworks and strategies
- advise on and assist with the development and and implementation of Board and governance policies and strategies
- advise on and assist with organisation and job design and capability
- advise on Board processes and relationships
- advise on stakeholder relationships and strategies
- mentor and support Board and senior managers.
The panel’s approach is to apply our expertise and extensive experience in governance and risk frameworks and processes, policy formulation and implementation strategies and human relations with a view to ensuring NFPs operate according to best practice standards regardless of size or scope.
Senior and Experienced Consultants
Competition Policy Advisor Panel
Governments and their competition agencies are increasingly undertaking comprehensive reviews of their competition law and policy, with an overall objective of re-focussing policy on core competition concerns, sharpening legislative responses and strengthening enforcement capacity in line with international best practices.
The Centre for Strategy and Governance provides strategic advice to governments internationally, on a range of governance and strategic issues including competition policy, including providing senior consultants to:
- advise Ministers and agency heads on design, effectiveness and advocacy by competition agencies;
- reviewing, or overseeing reviews of the competition regulation, including merger control, for alignment with regional and international best practices;
- identifying areas for improvement in competition laws and in the agencies that oversee those laws; and
- facilitate senior level stakeholder workshops.
The Panel’s approach is to apply our knowledge of international competition law, policy, regulation and supervisory practice and emerging trends to the local environment with the view to ensuring the legislative framework and administration is robust yet practical.
Our senior competition advisors include Andrew Matthews and Russell Miller AM.